Stylish Cotswolds Self-Catering Holiday Rental in Slad Valley, near Stroud, Gloucestershire
FROM 30 DECEMBER 2020 GLOUCESTERSHIRE MOVED INTO TIER 4. WE ARE TAKING BOOKINGS FOR STAYS STARTING AFTER 1ST MARCH AND WILL REFUND IN FULL IF WE ARE STILL UNABLE TO OPEN. WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING GUESTS BACK IN 2021.
The Old Chapel in
Described by The Guardian as 'one of the best cool holiday self-catering accommodations in the Cotswolds...it's both homely and stylish.' Guests give us consistent 5-star ratings on Tripadvisor and we have also been awarded "Best Unique Property" in the Unique Holiday Cottages Awards.
Our characterful holiday home is set on the slopes of the Slad Valley in the heart of the Cotswold Hills, one of the most picturesque and unspoilt locations in England. Our small village Slad, immortalised by Laurie Lee in 'Cider with Rosie', boasts glorious views, endless great walks and one of the best pubs in the Cotswolds - The Woolpack, just 300 metres from The Old Chapel.
Home comforts include a large and very well equipped kitchen-dining room, a huge open-plan living space with wood-burning stove, and separate TV areas for you and the kids. We have fast wifi and smart TV. With a wonderfully quirky graveyard in the
Surrounded by wild flowered meadows, ancient woodland and rolling hills and walks directly from the front door, this is an ideal self-catering base for Gloucestershire walking
It is available for long weekends, weekly rentals or longer breaks, and has been the stylish setting for many memorable
- Sleeps up to 10 (max. 8 adults)
- Spacious, fully-equipped kitchen/dining room, large open plan living area with woodburning stove
- Area of outstanding natural beauty: fantastic walks, woodland, nature reserves
- 100 miles from London; 2.5 hours by car, 1.5 hours by train
- Garden with terraces, great views, quirky graveyard, and large, enclosed trampoline
- The famous Woolpack only a
fewminutes walk - great food and local ales in an unspoilt pub with outdoor terraces
- Two miles from Painswick - the 'Queen of the Cotswolds' and close to the rest of the Cotswolds region
- Two miles from Stroud; supermarkets, award-winning farmers market, mainline station
- Great choice for stylish self-catering family holidays and get-togethers