Stylish Cotswolds Self-Catering Holiday Rental in Slad Valley, near Stroud, Gloucestershire
BOOK WITH US DIRECTLY AND PAY NO BOOKING FEES
Welcome to the Old Chapel in Slad, near Stroud, Gloucestershire; a luxury self catering Cotswolds holiday rental, with a stylish, contemporary interior. Described by The Guardian as 'one of the best cool holiday self-catering accommodations in the Cotswolds...it's both homely and stylish.'
Our guests give us consistent 5-star ratings on Tripadvisor and we recently won best "unique property" in the Unique Holiday Cottages awards.
This characterful holiday home, a spacious converted Cotswolds chapel, is set on the slopes of the Slad Valley in the heart of the Cotswold Hills, one of the most picturesque and unspoilt locations in England. It is available for holiday rentals and short breaks all year.
The village of Slad, immortalised by Laurie Lee in 'Cider with Rosie', boasts glorious views, endless great walks and one of the best pubs in the Cotswolds - The Woolpack, just 300 metres from The Old Chapel.
Built in 1865 and thoroughly renovated in 2008, the converted old chapel is stylishly furnished without being contrived. The furniture is a mix of antique, retro and contemporary. It offers very comfortable self-catering holiday accommodation for up to 10 guests (sorry, no more than eight adults), and is ideal for two families to share. The owners continuously maintain the Old Chapel to a high standard.
Home comforts include a large and very well equipped kitchen-dining room, a huge open-plan living space with wood-burning stove, and separate TV areas for you and the kids. With a wonderfully quirky graveyard in the garden the Old Chapel is a long way from your usual self catering Cotswolds holiday cottage.
Surrounded by wild flowered meadows, ancient woodland and rolling hills, with breath-taking views and walks directly from the front door, this is an ideal self-catering base for Gloucestershire walking holidays, and is well-positioned for visiting other parts of the Cotswolds, and towns such as Bath and Cirencester.
It is available for long weekends, weekly rentals or longer breaks, and has been the stylish setting for many memorable birthday and anniversary get-togethers of friends and families.
- Sleeps up to 10 (maximum eight adults)
- Spacious state-of-the-art kitchen/dining and large open plan living area
- Large garden, wraparound terrace, separate elevated terrace for great views, picturesque graveyard
- Area of outstanding natural beauty – fantastic walks, woodland, nature reserves
- 100 miles from London; 2.5 hours by car, 90 minutes by train
- Satellite TV, DVD, wifi, digital radio, iPod dock
- Separate children's den with beanbags, TV, DVD, Playstation, Wii, books and board games. Cot and highchair
- Large, enclosed trampoline
- Wood burning stove and central heating
- Stylish interior, furniture and art – no chintz
- The famous Woolpack only few minutes walk - great food and local ales in an unspoilt pub with outdoor terraces
- Two miles from Painswick - the 'Queen of the Cotswolds' and close to the rest of the Cotswolds region
- Two miles from Stroud; supermarkets, award-winning farmers market, mainline station (London 90 mins), cinema, bowling, leisure centre, tennis, swimming
- Off-road parking for up to four cars
- Caterers and pampering visits available
- Sorry - no smoking indoors and no parties
- One or two well-behaved dogs by arrangement
- Great choice for stylish self catering family holidays and get-togethers